The Ideal Candidate
Ready Set Rocket is seeking a talented writer to join its growing creative team as Senior Copywriter. Qualified candidates must show proven experience writing across a variety of mediums and platforms. They should be as comfortable writing short, punchy copy as they are developing content strategies, integrated campaigns, and marquee brand experiences from concept through execution.
Our ideal candidate should be able to write to a B2B audience, know how to strategically connect a brand to their mission via storytelling and compelling messages, meet tight deadlines, and be super agile. We’re also looking for someone who can elevate the work of our industry, shows passion for making award-winning work, and is totally obsessed with words.
Please submit a portfolio along with your application for consideration.
- Collaborate with the team to position brands with original and insightful ideas
- Develop the voice, story and experience across a variety of brands, including financial services, food and beverage, and media
- Write copy for a variety of clients and business needs (social, web, scripts, online ads, etc.)
- Help ideate on and create content strategies and messaging frameworks
- Help translate copy/ideas into visual experiences
- Pitch creative work and contribute ideas to the agency and client partners
- Assist with new business pitches
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years agency experience, preferably at a digital agency and including 2+ years experience writing for financial services clients
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, creative writing or similar
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of content strategy – how it is shaped and how it supports the ongoing engagement
- Working understanding of the customer journey and ways to communicate key messaging at various touchpoints
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and maintain a strong attention to detail
- 2 writing samples, including one for a financial services firm and at least one short form (preferably digital) sample