We're Ready Set Rocket. A full-service creative agency with data in our DNA.
We’re people first. As an agency, our people are our product. We're nothing without our team. So, we're hell bent on creating the best possible environment for our team to thrive -- hiring the most brilliant people, making sure everyone has opportunity for growth, and staying deeply rooted in the idea that life comes first, and good work will follow.
We have a team of experts focused on one thing -- collaborating to help our clients to grow their brands and their businesses. From campaigns and content to media and product, we work with brands to understand their goals, understand their audience, and help them to define and navigate the path forward, together.
Looking to join a fast-paced, growing agency with a team of passionate experts obsessed with their craft? Sounds like we might be right up your alley.
As an RSR Employee you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly-iterative, and collaborative workplace where you can take ownership of your work and wear many hats
- Are comfortable not only executing the functions of your role, but also helping out colleagues and the wider team
- Are adept at absorbing a brief, asking thoughtful questions, and initiating and executing an effective plan to achieve success in your work
- Value feedback as a fundamental component of your growth
- Can work against tight timelines while acting thoughtfully towards both the team and the clients
- Are ambitious, take initiative
- Always seek out ways to optimize processes, work smarter, and increase efficiencies
- Optimize resources in a way that generates successful outcomes
Ready Set Rocket offers a competitive suite of benefits & perks including...
- Hybrid workplace and fully remote option
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Expansive Paid family leave
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Sabbatical Program
- Volunteer Program
- 401k contribution matching
- Professional development and growth opportunities
Ready Set Rocket is the recipient of numerous company culture accolades including...
- Built In NYC, NYC Best Small Companies "Best Places to Work" 2022
- Ad Age Small Agency Awards, "Best Agency Culture" 2018
- Crain’s "Best Places to Work" in NYC 2016 & 2017
As a Senior Copywriter at Ready Set Rocket, you will be responsible for developing ideas that scale, and strategically connecting a brand to their mission via creative storytelling and compelling messaging. You are someone who is equally as comfortable ideating at 10,000 feet as you are writing social or website copy — always with a brand’s goals and audience needs top of mind, and an innate ability to craft copy for different voices. You’re also someone who can elevate the creative, shows passion for making award-winning work, and is totally obsessed with words.
What Success Looks Like:
- Collaborating with the team to position brands with original and insightful ideas
- Developing the voice, story and experience across a variety of B2B and B2C brands, including financial services, food and beverage, and media
- Writing copy for a variety of creative deliverables, including social, video scripts, integrated campaigns, websites, etc.
- Helping to ideate on and create content strategies and messaging frameworks for brands
- Helping translate copy/ideas into visual experiences
- Pitching creative work and contributing ideas to the agency and client partners
- Assisting with new business pitches
What You Bring to the Table:
Qualified candidates must show proven experience writing copy and developing narratives across a variety of mediums and platforms. They should be as comfortable writing short, punchy headlines as they are developing content strategies, integrated campaigns, and marquee brand experiences from concept through execution.
- 6-10 years of agency experience, preferably at a digital or advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, creative writing or similar
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of content strategy – how it is shaped and how it supports the ongoing engagement
- A solid understanding of the customer journey and ways to communicate key messaging at various touchpoints
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- A portfolio of your best work that shows a variety of short and long-form samples, with an emphasis on digital, campaign, brand and video work
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.