We're Ready Set Rocket. A full-service creative agency with data in our DNA.
We’re people first. As an agency, our people are our product. We're nothing without our team. So, we're hell bent on creating the best possible environment for our team to thrive -- hiring the most brilliant people, making sure everyone has opportunity for growth, and staying deeply rooted in the idea that life comes first, and good work will follow.
We have a team of experts focused on one thing -- collaborating to help our clients to grow their brands and their businesses. From campaigns and content to media and product, we work with brands to understand their goals, understand their audience, and help them to define and navigate the path forward, together.
Looking to join a fast-paced, growing agency with a team of passionate experts obsessed with their craft? Sounds like we might be right up your alley.
As an RSR Employee you:
- Thrive in a workplace where you can dive right in, roll with the punches, and wear many hats
- Are comfortable not only executing the functions of your role, but also getting into the weeds of hands-on work — helping out colleagues and the wider team
- Are adept at asking questions and taking it all in, and then initiating and carrying out an effective plan to achieve success in your role
- Value feedback as a fundamental component of your growth
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you can move and think fast, while also acting thoughtfully and informatively towards both the team and the clients
- Are ambitious, take initiative
- Always seek out ways to optimize processes, work smarter, and increase efficiencies
- Optimize the deployment of minimal resources in a way that generates successful outcomes.
- Initiate ideas for improvement and scale, while still knowing how to “make it work” when needed
Ready Set Rocket offers a competitive benefits package, including
- Hybrid workplace option
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO, 401k contribution matching
- Paid family leave
- Gym membership reimbursement, and more.
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Ready Set Rocket was recognized for Best Agency Culture at the 2018 Ad Age Small Agency Awards
You will join our growing creative team to lead and oversee video content development. As our Motion Director, you will lead the conception and production of motion projects that are forward-thinking, inspired by and driving trends, and show a deep appreciation for design as a craft. You’ll collaborate with our creative team to lead and work hands-on in producing stylistically provocative work that brings brands to life through motion. You will strive to elevate composition, typography, motion, and editing for our clients, and bring a passion for motion design tools and design principles to the team.
What Success Looks Like:
The Motion Director is an entrepreneurial, hands-on creative leader that dives in and wears many hats while overseeing rock star creatives, diligently managing project resources, and continuously supporting the needs of clients at the highest level. You tap into your wide breadth of agency experience to anticipate and meet the needs of both large and small clients across industry sectors. Your skills and leadership demonstrate a strong understanding of motion design for cutting-edge experiences across video, social, web, and 360º.
- Direct, concept and edit motion graphics, videos, and animated digital content and campaigns
- Design storyboards that demonstrate a strong attention to craft
- Show you have an obsession with the details but the ability to think big picture
- Translate brand strategy, visual identity, and brand guidelines into compelling motion applications
- Elevate brands as a digital leader with innovative creative executions that are stylistically provocative and communicate a creative POV that sets a high bar
- Lead with storytelling and think holistically through briefs to define creative that is smart, insightful, on brand, and meets business goals
- Manage and execute multiple creative projects on an ongoing basis, from fast-paced daily deliverables, to long-form videos and large-scale campaigns
- Be a sounding board and inspiring creative leader for other motion designers on the team, as well as freelance animators and editors
- Stay committed to ensure the work you and the team are making is creatively and aesthetically ambitious, and always keeps strategy top of mind
- Have a high standard for all work that goes out the door, big or small
- Take direction from ECD and leadership and remain committed to constantly better the work
- Maintain a strong awareness of industry trends in design, motion, and video editing
- Define and evolve agency standards for motion design, process and creative production
What You Bring to the Table:
- 7+ years of motion design experience, some within an agency or motion studio, or managing your own clients
- Experience managing, overseeing and mentoring other motion designers or creatives
- Strong knowledge of and capacity to design for motion
- A contemporary taste for design and art direction, with a passion for the arts and culture that you infuse into the work
- Well-versed in defining motion language and can speak to a range of design inspiration
- Strong and thoughtful use of modern typography, and knowledge of typographic trends for motion
- Ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams internally and externally to drive great work and scale our accounts
- Passion for working with clients and presenting creative in an engaging way
- Experience editing content for all social media outlets and other online platforms & websites
- Intimate knowledge of creative standards across modern platforms and technologies
- Broad understanding of relevant motion design tools including, at the center, After Effects, as well as knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro
- Grading, retouching, and sound editing is a plus
- Extra Superpowers: creative coding applied to design (processing, etc.), strong hands-on experience with advanced 3D design, or innovative formats like AR, VR, and/or AI-enabled creativity.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred (from a design school a plus!l), or equivalent experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.