Ready Set Rocket is looking for a hands-on designer of large-scale platform sites, responsive web, digital and 360 creative. Our new digital Art Director (5+ years of experience) is someone who has a strong UI & UX backbone and can present their work as an experienced conceptual designer and lead art director.
This role is all about a stunning portfolio – show us your best work!
Our Art Directors are a driving force behind our creative work and have a hands-on role in every phase of a project—from contributing to creative strategy and defining a creative vision, to executing and presenting work, consulting with clients, and working with designers and other creative team members to see a vision through to launch.
Reporting to a Creative Director, Art Directors will find themselves on any given day working on an immersive microsite, major website redesign, a killer app, brand strategy, content art direction, or an integrated or social campaign. This position offers a ton of opportunity for growth and high-level work across a variety of top-notch clients in spirits, finance, sports, entertainment, cultural institutions, and more while working with a brilliant, close-knit team in a fast, highly collaborative (and highly dog-friendly) environment.
To take on these challenges, we’re looking for a curious, flexible hybrid creative who knows how to translate strategy into compelling big ideas and award-worthy execution. Somebody who knows how to have fun while taking responsibility to deliver consistently high-level work. Who knows that good ideas come from everywhere and that the best work comes from a team, not individuals.
If that sounds like your kind of jam, let’s talk. It’s all about your portfolio. We will review and be in touch if we love it.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Starting from a strategic brief, create stunning conceptual designs that define a creative vision for the project
- Working with designers to guide projects from vision to launch
- Executing design comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables including full website design and UI design systems
- Contributing to pitch opportunities with big ideas and a storytelling approach to presentations
- Working with people across disciplines, including developers, writers, photographers, animators, strategists, marketers, and account managers
- Inspiring yourself and other team members to constantly create award-winning work
- Staying on top of creative and industry trends to always bring fresh ideas to the table
- Leading creative-focused meetings with clients as needed by the Creative Director
- Contributing to creative strategy sessions by providing big ideas for campaigns or creative insights about the brand’s audience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A drive to create award-worthy design work across a variety of clients and digital channels
- An insatiable sense of curiosity, open mind, and sense of humor
- An impeccable taste level, eye for typography, and detail-oriented approach to design
- A great attitude and love of collaboration to solve creative problems
- The ability to articulate concepts and communicate effectively, both with teammates and clients
- A strong body of work in both interactive and conceptual design, with an emphasis on quality user-centered web and digital products, as well as digital marketing
- A desire to mentor younger designers in their growth as well
- Experience planning and setting direction for photo or video shoots – a plus
- Mastery of core Adobe Creative Suite products and an interest in learning new software tools
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision
- A solid understanding of how design comps translate to responsive web and code, and general limitations of internet technologies
- 5+ years working in the industry
- Previous experience in a Senior Designer or Art Director role
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is currently fully remote and accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.