Ready Set Rocket is looking for a talented, hard-working and ego-free designer to join our growing team.
Designers at RSR are highly motivated, highly curious individuals with a well-rounded skillset and the desire to challenge themselves with a range of creative projects and a high level of personal responsibility. Working with a Creative Director or Art Director, our designers create beautiful, functional visual solutions on a variety of projects for a variety of clients. In any given week, you could find yourself working on anything from integrated marketing campaigns and websites to native apps, storyboards, social campaigns and more.
RSR is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, so a great attitude is crucial. Our designers are given a high level of responsibility to contribute to the overall end products we produce, so designers who are self-driven and confident have a great opportunity to thrive and quickly expand their role within the creative team. With the support of the team, each designer is also encouraged to grow in areas of personal interest and develop a strategic understanding of the role of creative in the work they produce.
- Interpret creative briefs into thoughtful solutions that demonstrate a strong design aesthetic and understanding of the brand and strategy
- Take an established site look and feel, understand the brand system and work from wireframes to design site templates
- Treat the web as a transitional medium, seamlessly integrating responsive layouts and motion into world-class web experiences
- Design various digital assets including responsive web, custom infographics, native applications, and social content
- Design storyboards and set vision for motion projects
- Establish the visual design for a given project and assist with maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of the project, including design QA, in-browser collaboration with the development team, production of assets, and the revision process with other team members
- Actively participate in brainstorm meetings with the creative team
- Participate in occasional visual design communication with clients as needed by the creative leads
- Support the visual creation of internal Ready Set Rocket marketing for all presentations, decks, collateral, social and website assets
The ideal candidate would have:
- 3+ years working in the industry, preferably with some in an agency environment
- A killer portfolio demonstrating a strong eye for typography, design systems, and art direction
- Experience designing both beautiful interactive experiences AND killer ads
- An interest in motion and video
- Mastery of core Adobe Creative Suite products, knowledge of Sketch or Figma, and an interest in learning new tools as needed
- A love of typography and a keen eye for trends in UX design
- Strong conceptual skills
- An insatiable desire to learn how everything works, and grow your skillset
- Serious attention to detail
If you have a passion for stunning visuals, a love of digital and want to be a part of a great team doing great work for great clients, what are you waiting for? We’d love to meet with you!
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.