Our Ideal Candidate
As Creative Strategy Director, you’ll work with our team of experts in design, creative ideation, strategy, marketing, and development to elevate our agency’s work through insight-driven, results-oriented recommendations that deliver on client’s business, marketing, and communications goals. We are looking for a strategic leader with a passion for solving business challenges and helping our clients reach their audience through innovative solutions.
You take the lead on projects and you are the keeper of the brand vision. You’re recognized as the expert on the brand, business and consumer. You work with your counterparts in Creative, Strategy/Marketing, and Account Management to make the work better and braver.
- Deliver strategy: You own assigned strategy deliverables independently (e.g., integrated strategy, content strategy, presentations, research reports, creative briefs, point of view documents, etc.).
- Work cross-functionally (design, copy, paid media, strategy) and has an understanding of how creative, communications, content, and storytelling supports the broader business objectives & marketing strategy.
- Construct the tactical creative strategy relevant to various client business models to inform execution.
- Ensure creative is grounded in client’s goals, objectives, and market performance, especially overseeing and guiding art/copy teams.
- Crafting briefs: You should be highly proficient at writing briefs that are considerate of the business and marketing objectives, are insightful and identifies interesting problems for the team to solve.
- You will intake client documents and input from discovery meetings, conduct interviews and research to understand the state of the client business, mindset of target audience, identify an insight for the team to build upon and frame this up in briefs.
- You will write briefs and briefing decks, holding yourself accountable for not just getting it right, but making sure the briefs are as focused, clear and inspiring as they can be.
- Owning the room: You are expected to facilitate, guide and direct client conversations and workshops. You will need to be both the ringleader and a key contributor to discussions. Your presence should be felt and you should be making an impact in any meeting you have a prominent role in, both internally and externally. You are essential in fueling the creative process, showing the clients the value in strategy Lead the creative and strategic conversation with a strong POV on the client’s opportunities across the marketing landscape.
- Frame thinking and place in its proper context by:
- Isolating the real business problems that a brand, communications and creative can affect
- Isolating the roles of the brand, creative, communication and communication channels within business plans
- Deeply understanding the client business and what makes it tick
- Champion the brand purpose and story, ensuring that it lives across all key touch-points and communications
- Lead research: You will be responsible for structuring and setting up qualitative (survey question screeners, focus groups, workshops, social listening, etc.) and quantitative research to uncover insights into our clients’ brand, consumers, and industry. You will capture key takeaways and prepare findings reports.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study
- Superb written, communications, and storytelling skills
- Comfortable and confident acting as a product owner
- Professional, friendly demeanor with extremely strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Positive, professional team-player who embraces team success
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.