REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR THIS ROLE:
3-5 yrs of Senior Leadership Experience at Digital Ad Agency (ACD, AD etc.) Required To Qualify
Extensive Portfolio of Digital/Video Ad Design Work Experience Required To Qualify
Are You Ready Set Rocket? You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment, and have proven success leading, mentoring and guiding a creative digital market team at rapid scale. You have an extensive agency background as a creative leader. You move fast and think fast, but also act thoughtfully and informatively toward both the team and the clients.
Important: This is what the Creative Director is at Ready Set Rocket
The Creative Director is an entrepreneurial, hands-on leader. You are ready to dive in and wear many hats while consistently killing it in your leadership position; overseeing a rock star team, diligently managing project resources and continuously supporting the needs of clients at the highest level. You tap into your wide breath of agency experience to anticipate and meet the needs of both large and small clients across industry sectors.
The CD has proven success working closely with and leading multiple stakeholders and high-level talent. When needed, you get into the weeds of the work in support of your team or to advance a client project because you balance doing and leading with ease. You must have achieved success as a leader in a CD role before AND you must have an extensive, stunning design portfolio---but Remember this is not JUST a design role, it is a leadership role, so show us your best work in your portfolio, but also ensure you provide a narrative of the work that takes us through your journey and helps us understand how you collaborate, boundary push, lead, research and execute beautiful, compelling... but really smart campaigns that are cleverly aligned with the business client needs!
The Impact of Creative Director:
- Immense amount of freedom and responsibility to imagine and create the future for our agency and our clients.
- Define creative strategy and build world-class digital experiences by blending compelling storytelling and human-centric design.
- Serve as key liaison between the Creative team and our Production, Technology, and Marketing teams, in addition to being a main point of creative contact with our clients.
- Develop concepts that are fresh, visionary and unexpected. Provide direction to the team that pushes the work to be better, consistently elevating our creative output and strengthening our reputation as a design-led shop.
- Share your keen sense for the state of the industry and where it’s headed, leverage an uncanny ability to inspire and lead small collaborative teams, with a combination of drive and professionalism that ensures projects launches are on time and at an award-winning level.
Expectations for Creative Director Role
- Starting from a strategic brief, creating stunning conceptual ideas and designs that define a creative vision for the project
- Working with and overseeing designers to guide projects from vision to launch
- Develop and execute creative concepts including integrated campaigns, storyboards, and website look & feel concepts
- Flexing across all agency projects including conceptual digital UI/UX design, video concept development & direction, branding systems, content art direction and campaign ideation & design
- Leading pitch opportunities with big ideas and a storytelling approach to presentations
- Seamlessly working with people across disciplines, including developers, writers, photographers, animators, strategists, marketers, and account managers
- Constantly creating and inspiring award-winning work
- Staying up to date and one step ahead of current trends in visual media, to always bring fresh ideas to the table
- Maintaining knowledge of best-in-class creative and having a strong intuition for user-centered digital design and motion
- Presenting creative work directly to clients with confidence and ease. Always comfortable backing up and explaining creative decisions by contextualizing with industry standards and consumer behaviors.
- Articulating a vision that feels authoritative and rooted in expertise with a clearly defined point of view. You are able to get the team and client excited about the work
- Producing high quality work with limited to no oversight, and bringing your own ideas to the table
Desired Skills & Experience
- A strong body of work in both interactive design and multi-disciplinary conceptual creative, with an emphasis on integrated campaigns, social, and quality user-centered web and digital products
- A desire to mentor art directors and designers in their growth
- At least 4-7+ years working in the Ad agency industry, with at least 4 years in leadership
- Previous experience in a Senior Art Director, Associate Design Director, or Associate Creative Director role
- Impeccable taste, eye for typography, and detail-oriented approach to design
- A hybrid background in design & advertising (video, print, digital, etc.)
- A drive to create award-worthy design work across a variety of clients and digital channels
- An insatiable sense of curiosity, open mindedness, and sense of humor
- A great attitude and love of collaboration to solve creative problems
- The ability to articulate concepts and communicate effectively, both with teammates and clients
- Experience planning and setting direction for photo or video shoots – a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and maintain a strong attention to detail
- Mastery of Figma and the core Adobe Creative Suite products and an interest in learning new software tools
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision – a plus
- Experience with Principle, ProtoPie, AdobeXD, AfterEffects – a plus
- A solid understanding of how design comps translate to responsive web and code, and general limitations of internet technologies
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.