About RSR: We're Ready Set Rocket. A full-service creative agency with data in our DNA.
We’re people first. As an agency, our people are our product. We're nothing without our team. So, we're hell bent on creating the best possible environment for our team to thrive -- hiring the most brilliant people, making sure everyone has opportunity for growth, and staying deeply rooted in the idea that life comes first, and good work will follow.
We have a team of experts focused on one thing -- collaborating to help our clients to grow their brands and their businesses. From campaigns and content to media and product, we work with brands to understand their goals, understand their audience, and help them to define and navigate the path forward, together.
Looking to join a fast-paced, growing agency with a team of passionate experts obsessed with their craft? Sounds like we might be right up your alley.
- Are you the kind of person/professional that thrives in a workplace where you can dive right in, roll with the punches and wear many hats?
- Are you just as comfortable in the weeds of the hands-on work, helping out your colleagues and the team as you are when executing only the functions of the role you were hired for?
- Are you adept at asking questions and taking it all in but then initiating and carrying out an effective plan to achieve success in your role?
- Do you value feedback as a fundamental component to your growth?
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Move fast and think fast, but also act thoughtfully and informatively toward both the team and the clients.
- Ambitious, takes initiative and knows what questions to ask to ensure you are doing the job right
- Always seeking out ways to optimize processes and work smarter/more efficiently
- Optimizes the deployment of minimal resources in a way that generates successful outcomes. Initiates ideas for improvement and scale but knows how to “make it work” when needed.
Ready Set Rocket offers a competitive benefits package, including
- Hybrid workplace option
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO, 401k contribution matching
- Paid family leave
- Gym membership reimbursement, and more.
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Ready Set Rocket was recognized for Best Agency Culture at the 2018 Small Agency Awards
- Immense amount of freedom and responsibility to imagine and create the future for our agency and our clients.
- Define creative strategy and build world-class digital experiences by blending compelling storytelling and human-centric design.
- Serve as key liaison between the Creative team and our Production, Technology, and Marketing teams, in addition to being a main point of creative contact with our clients.
- Develop concepts that are fresh, visionary and unexpected. Provide direction to the team that pushes the work to be better, consistently elevating our creative output and strengthening our reputation as a design-led shop.
- Share your keen sense for the state of the industry and where it’s headed, leverage an uncanny ability to inspire and lead small collaborative teams, with a combination of drive and professionalism that ensures projects launches are on time and at an award-winning level.
What Success Looks Like:
The Creative Director is an entrepreneurial, hands-on leader. You are ready to dive in and wear many hats while consistently killing it in your leadership position; overseeing a rock star team, diligently managing project resources and continuously supporting the needs of clients at the highest level. You tap into your wide breath of agency experience to anticipate and meet the needs of both large and small clients across industry sectors.
- Starting from a strategic brief, creating stunning conceptual ideas and designs that define a creative vision for the project
- Working with and overseeing designers to guide projects from vision to launch
- Develop and execute creative concepts including integrated campaigns, storyboards, and website look & feel concepts
- Flexing across all agency projects including conceptual digital UI/UX design, video concept development & direction, branding systems, content art direction and campaign ideation & design
- Leading pitch opportunities with big ideas and a storytelling approach to presentations
- Seamlessly working with people across disciplines, including developers, writers, photographers, animators, strategists, marketers, and account managers
- Constantly creating and inspiring award-winning work
- Staying up to date and one step ahead of current trends in visual media, to always bring fresh ideas to the table
- Maintaining knowledge of best-in-class creative and having a strong intuition for user-centered digital design and motion
- Presenting creative work directly to clients with confidence and ease. Always comfortable backing up and explaining creative decisions by contextualizing with industry standards and consumer behaviors.
- Articulating a vision that feels authoritative and rooted in expertise with a clearly defined point of view. You are able to get the team and client excited about the work
- Producing high quality work with limited to no oversight, and bringing your own ideas to the table
Desired Skills & Experience
You must have achieved success as a leader in a CD role before AND you must have an extensive, stunning design portfolio---but Remember this is not JUST a design role, it is a leadership role, so show us your best work in your portfolio, but also ensure you provide a narrative of the work that takes us through your journey and helps us understand how you collaborate, boundary push, lead, research and execute beautiful, compelling... but really smart campaigns that are cleverly aligned with the business client needs!
- A strong body of work in both interactive design and multi-disciplinary conceptual creative, with an emphasis on integrated campaigns, social, and quality user-centered web and digital products
- A desire to mentor art directors and designers in their growth
- At least 4-7+ years working in the Ad agency industry, with at least 4 years in leadership
- Previous experience in a Senior Art Director, Associate Design Director, or Associate Creative Director role
- Impeccable taste, eye for typography, and detail-oriented approach to design
- A hybrid background in design & advertising (video, print, digital, etc.)
- A drive to create award-worthy design work across a variety of clients and digital channels
- An insatiable sense of curiosity, open mindedness, and sense of humor
- A great attitude and love of collaboration to solve creative problems
- The ability to articulate concepts and communicate effectively, both with teammates and clients
- Experience planning and setting direction for photo or video shoots – a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and maintain a strong attention to detail
- Mastery of Figma and the core Adobe Creative Suite products and an interest in learning new software tools
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision – a plus
- Experience with Principle, ProtoPie, AdobeXD, AfterEffects – a plus
- A solid understanding of how design comps translate to responsive web and code, and general limitations of internet technologies
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.