We're Ready Set Rocket. A full-service creative agency with data in our DNA.
We’re people first. As an agency, our people are our product. We're nothing without our team. So, we're hell bent on creating the best possible environment for our team to thrive -- hiring the most brilliant people, making sure everyone has opportunity for growth, and staying deeply rooted in the idea that life comes first, and good work will follow.
We have a team of experts focused on one thing -- collaborating to help our clients to grow their brands and their businesses. From campaigns and content to media and product, we work with brands to understand their goals, understand their audience, and help them to define and navigate the path forward, together.
Looking to join a fast-paced, growing agency with a team of passionate experts obsessed with their craft? Sounds like we might be right up your alley.
As an RSR Employee you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly-iterative, and collaborative workplace where you can take ownership of your work and wear many hats
- Are comfortable not only executing the functions of your role, but also helping out colleagues and the wider team
- Are adept at absorbing a brief, asking thoughtful questions, and initiating and executing an effective plan to achieve success in your work
- Value feedback as a fundamental component of your growth
- Can work against tight timelines while acting thoughtfully towards both the team and the clients
- Are ambitious, take initiative
- Always seek out ways to optimize processes, work smarter, and increase efficiencies
- Optimize resources in a way that generates successful outcomes
Ready Set Rocket offers a competitive suite of benefits & perks including...
- Hybrid workplace and fully remote option
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Expansive Paid family leave
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Sabbatical Program
- Volunteer Program
- 401k contribution matching
- Professional development and growth opportunities
Ready Set Rocket is the recipient of numerous company culture accolades including...
- Built In NYC, NYC Best Small Companies "Best Places to Work" 2022
- Ad Age Small Agency Awards, "Best Agency Culture" 2018
- Crain’s "Best Places to Work" in NYC 2016 & 2017
Our Art Directors are a driving force behind our creative work and have a hands-on role in every phase of a project—from contributing to creative strategy and defining a creative vision, to executing and presenting work, to consulting with clients, and working with designers and other creative team members to see a vision through to launch.
As an Art Director, you’ll report to a Creative Director and oversee designers. On any given day, Art Directors will find themselves working on content art direction, an immersive microsite, a major website redesign, a killer app, a brand strategy, a 360 campaign, or a social campaign. This position offers a ton of growth opportunities and high-level work across a variety of top-notch clients in finance, sports, media, cultural institutions, and more while working with a brilliant, close-knit team in a fast, highly-collaborative environment.
To take on these challenges, we’re looking for a curious, flexible, and hybrid creative who knows how to translate strategy into compelling big ideas and award-worthy executions. Someone who knows how to have fun while taking responsibility to deliver consistently high-level work. Who knows that good ideas come from everywhere and that the best work comes from teams, not individuals.
What Success Looks Like:
- Starting from a strategic brief, creating stunning conceptual designs that define a creative vision for the project
- Working with and overseeing designers to guide projects from vision to launch
- Executing design comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables
- Contributing to pitch opportunities with big ideas and a storytelling approach to presentations
- Working with people across disciplines, including developers, writers, photographers, animators, strategists, marketers, and account managers
- Inspiring yourself and other team members to constantly create exceptional work
- Staying on top of creative and industry trends, always bringing fresh, disruptive ideas to the table that are tuned into culture and on the frontier of what’s next
- Leading creative-focused client meetings as needed by the Creative Director
- Contributing to creative strategy sessions — providing big ideas for campaigns and creative insights as part of brand strategy
What You Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years working in the industry, with at least 2 years spent working in an agency environment
- Previous experience in an Art Director role overseeing more junior designers & creatives
- Strong body of work in both interactive and conceptual design, with an emphasis on building and working within design systems
- Breadth of experience in digital, particularly social, campaign, video, UI/UX and brand systems
- Drive to create award-worthy design work across a variety of clients and digital channels
- Insatiable curiosity, open-mindedness, and a sense of humor
- Impeccable taste, eye for typography, and detail-oriented design approach
- Positive attitude and love of collaboration
- Ability to articulate concepts and communicate effectively, both with teammates and clients
- Desire to grow and mentor younger designers
- Mastery of Figma and core Adobe Creative Suite products
- Interest in learning new software tools
- Solid understanding of how design comps translate to responsive web and code
Experience planning and setting direction for photo or video shoots - a plus
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.