2+ yrs of Agency Experience Required to Apply
Digital/Video Ad Work Experience Required
Ready Set Rocket is looking for an experienced Art Direction leader that is also a hands-on designer of large-scale platform sites, responsive web, digital and 360 creative projexts. Our new Digital Art Director (with at least 5-8 yrs of experience in design and 2-3 in leadership) is someone who has a strong UI & UX backbone but can also present their work as an experienced conceptual designer and lead art director.
Our Art Directors are a driving force behind our creative work and have a hands-on role in every phase of a project—from contributing to creative strategy and defining a creative vision, to executing and presenting work, consulting with clients, and working with designers and other creative team members to see a vision through to launch.
Reporting to a Creative Director, Art Directors will find themselves on any given day working on an immersive microsite, major website redesign, a killer app, brand strategy, content art direction, or an integrated or social campaign. This position offers a ton of opportunity for growth and high-level work across a variety of top-notch clients in spirits, finance, sports, entertainment, cultural institutions, and more while working with a brilliant, close-knit team in a fast, highly collaborative (and highly dog-friendly) environment.
To take on these challenges, we’re looking for a curious, flexible hybrid creative who knows how to translate strategy into compelling big ideas and award-worthy execution. Somebody who knows how to have fun while taking responsibility to deliver consistently high-level work. Who knows that good ideas come from everywhere and that the best work comes from a team, not individuals.
If that sounds like your kind of jam, let’s talk. It’s all about your portfolio. We will review and be in touch if we love it.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Starting from a strategic brief, create stunning conceptual designs that define a creative vision for the project
- Working with designers to guide projects from vision to launch
- Executing design comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables including full website design and UI design systems
- Contributing to pitch opportunities with big ideas and a storytelling approach to presentations
- Working with people across disciplines, including developers, writers, photographers, animators, strategists, marketers, and account managers
- Inspiring yourself and other team members to constantly create award-winning work
- Staying on top of creative and industry trends to always bring fresh ideas to the table
- Leading creative-focused meetings with clients as needed by the Creative Director
- Contributing to creative strategy sessions by providing big ideas for campaigns or creative insights about the brand’s audience
Our ideal candidate criteria:
- 5 yrs + experience in a Senior Designer or Art Director role (Agency REQUIRED)
- Willingness to get in the weeds of the work in support of colleagues or to advance project
- A drive and ability to create award-worthy design work across a variety of clients and digital channels
- An insatiable sense of curiosity, open mind, and sense of humor
- An impeccable taste level, eye for typography, and detail-oriented approach to design
- A great attitude and love of collaboration to solve creative problems
- Articulates concepts and communicate effectively, both with teammates and clients
- A strong body of work in both interactive and conceptual design, with an emphasis on quality user-centered web and digital products, as well as digital marketing
- A desire to mentor younger designers in their growth as well
Technical Skills Preferred
- Mastery of core Adobe Creative Suite products and an interest in learning new software tools
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision
- A solid understanding of how design comps translate to responsive web and code, and general limitations of internet technologies
- Experience planning and setting direction for photo or video shoots – a plus
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
RSR prides ourselves on being a workplace that puts the wellbeing of our employees first. In the age of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, and in accordance with Ready Set Rocket’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are requiring Covid-19 vaccination for all employees. We adopted this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. As such, extending an official job offer to any candidate will be contingent on the candidate’s ability to provide proof of their full Covid-19 vaccination.
At RSR we are conspiring to design a better world and we believe this goal can only be advanced by a team that is committed to diversity, represents different cultures, perspectives and backgrounds and prioritizes inclusivity as a pilar of our company culture.
RSR is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
**Please note: Ready Set Rocket is accepting candidates located anywhere in the United States.